The third rack stopped fully extending in this GE Profile Dishwasher, model PDT715SYN3FS. I found a cheap, easy, and sustainable fix! This repair may apply to similar dishwashers.
Partner Link: Doogi is making remote work feel a little less remote, and they’re expanding beta access for technology early adopters. Learn more and sign up today!
- Remove the top rack (you likely need to push up on the assembly at the top of the dishwasher to allow it to be removed).
- Remove the metal clip from the dishwasher assembly that is loose at the top of the dishwasher.
- Add two strong, stainless steel magnets to the top of the metal clip.
- Carefully place the clip back in place in the top dishwasher assembly.
- Push the assembly back to the top of the dishwasher to allow the magnets to hold it in place.
I used these rust resistant magnets, they were small and strong!